cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "bart remmerie" <remme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: own widget
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:51:10 GMT
Dear Michel,

I've already implemented such a feature, not by creating a new widget, but
using the stylesheet-approach.
Basically, you create a new styling type "link" or "href-label" and include
it in the forms styling stylesheets.

The most difficult part is to create the "href" part of your hyperlink.
For an elegant solution, you should be able to define the hyperlink outside
the stylesheet.
You should be able to pass it as an argument through the form's template.

In my use case, I pass a 'fixed part', something like '/myhelppages/' + a
variable part linked to the id of the record.  Where the id of the record is
a part of the object model, known within the form (as a hidden field) &
accessible in the stylesheet.

I know this may seem complicated, and if interested I can provide the
source-snippets.

Bart