cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Get port of ServletEngine
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:29:31 GMT
Felix Knecht pisze:
> Thomas Soddemann schrieb:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> this is more of an issue related to the infrastructural setup rather
>> than a cocoon one.
>> I cannot think of any standard way of retrieving that bit of
>> information other than to have it available as a configuration option
>> (e.g. via JNDI).
>> Since the web application container could be connected to an HTTPD via
>> AJP or URL rewriting may be used before the request is received by the
>> application container, or ... there is now way of getting to know,
>> which url to use as a base for the current servlet.
>> The only thing, you may want to have look at, is the
>> javax.servelt.ServletContext. There is a getRealPath() method which
>> may be what you are looking for in your context.
>>
> Thanks for help. It really seems that I need to find another solution
> for this.

What about using custom system property for passing port number to Cocoon? It still be a
responsibility of administration to pass right number via property but at least your application
can
be left completely untouched when it's being deployed.

Thanks to our Configurator stuff obtaining value of property is straightforward.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski