cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: javax.servlet.ServletException: No block for /myBlock/index.html
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 00:02:43 GMT
On 22.11.2007 9:23 Uhr, Mansour wrote:
> Ok, It's working now. Basically I removed the components definition from
> the sitemap.xmap. It worked fine. Now, I need someone to explain to me
> what happened. I guess I should not redefine in my sitemap component,
> because this will override the config in the war file (the platform). I
> don't know if I am right, but I need some one to advice me.

The big picture of Cocoon has not changed from 2.1 to 2.2: You have the
web application configured, Cocoon running as one of its servlets and
the sitemaps. I mentioned in one of the mails as answers to your ones
that Cocoon components (like parsers) are usually declared in
cocoon.xconf and sitemap components in the sitemaps. This was due to the
lack of "local" xconf configurations while the one in the sitemaps where
local to it. This has changed in 2.2 and it's now recommended to move
the declaration of components out of the sitemap. Cocoon is set up this
way by default. You added the sitemap components to the sitemaps -
without providing the full configuration, you did not provide a a
property for the placeholder as Vadim wrote.

Joerg