cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.3 will NOT be in java - may be in PERL
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 07:01:45 GMT
Not everyone agrees that Cocoon is an MVC framework...
but for general introductions and discussions on "what is Cocoon
and why use it", I suggest you look at the various links under the
Presentations or Articles menus on the Cocoon website.  Hopefully they
give enough background to enable you to ask specific questions.

>>> Mansour <mansour77@yahoo.com> 2007/11/01 06:48 AM >>>
Thank you for your response.
Before I am going to use maven or look again into it, I need to know a
bit about cocoon. I have used struts2, jsf, and it looks to me that
cocoon is just another mvc frame work that uses xml heavily. I don't
know if this right or wrong. It's advantage is that it can you can write
an xslt and get the xml data to go through this xslt. You can put more
than one xslt to process this data, with each one of them has a specific
target, thus the SoC.
Am I wrong ?