cocoon-users mailing list archives

From stevecam <stephen.came...@geometryit.com>
Subject flowscript vs javaflow - pros and cons?
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:02:47 GMT

Hello,

I am a new Cocoon user (via Lenya), are there any major pros and/or cons for
using the javascript continuations (flowscript) vs java ones (javaflow).

I am particularly interested in interaction with a relational database to
determine the 'flow' of pages. Ease of debugging seems important as well.
Performance is not a big issue.

If I can write and debug javaflow in Eclipse then that seems to be a
superior solution, but the fact that continuations require 'add-ons' to java
objects to make them useable maybe causes some side-effects that can be
'gotchas'.

Thanks for any insights.

Steve Cameron