cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa" <luiz.barb...@gwe.com.br>
Subject Re: .DOC and .PPT modifying
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:47:26 GMT
Hi Thomas,

I understood the structure of new MS-files with .***X extension. Thanks for
your answer!

The problem is that the users only have MS Office 2003.
I made a test here, after your answer and Philippe's answer.

I took a .DOC file, I saved it as (save as) and selected .XML extension. So,
I open it into notepad and saw the content (XML content).
This file has images and tables into.

What I thought is that I can have my templates in XML format (.XML)
generated into MS Word. So, I can process this file to change text keys by
text values, in that way explained by Philippe (even the file doesn't have
.DOCX, .XLSX or .PPTX extension --> I don't know if it work... please
people, tell me), and generate one specific file with .DOC extension (I
don't know how I could generate one .DOC  or .PPT or .XLS... until now, I
know that .DOC can't be generated and that .XLS can be with Apache/POI), for
example. After that, I could read this file like a "pre office 2003" with
Cocoon and insert one picture.

Is there any way (or tool) to do everything with a template XML-based file
and generate the new XML-based file, changing the text keys by text values
and another text keys by images (that could be understandable by MS Office
2003)?

Thanks in advance!

Luiz