cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Esteban Wagner" <string...@gmail.com>
Subject Web content Cms Development with Cocoon.Learning curve.
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:11:17 GMT
Hi,
 Im evaluating cocoon, I ve read several documentation but I cant figure out
how big will be the learning process for my team.
Wonder how much time could take for 10 developers who dont know anything
about cocoon, to create a simple web CMS.

CMS should support:
* roles access control,
* caching,
* templating(XML,XSLT),
* some front end WYSIWYG editors for template instantiation.(like BXE or
KUPU).

I dont know how easy  would be for developers to achieve this with cocoon.
And estimate of time.

All developers have strong, knowledge of java, and object oriented
techniques.

If no time estimation is possible, anyways documentation/experience about
implementing the requirements above with cocoon would be of a big value to
us.

I know there are open source projects that already achieves my goals(lenya)
but its for a university course and we need to create our own project.

Thanks.