cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Process multiple XML files
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:53:30 GMT

On 26.10.2007, at 12:46, thomas908 wrote:

> Please help me find a solution to this problem. The requirement I
> have is
> something like this:
>
> 1. We have, as an input, XML files ranging from 20-400MB which we
> need to
> process.
> 2. A series of XSLTs (12 in number) need to be applied on these
> XMLs to
> process them (XML to XML transformation). Output of first XSLT will
> be input
> of second, output of second will be input of third and so on.
> 3. These XMLs need to be imported in an XML Database (eXist)
>
> We have to automate this process.
> I have written some Java code, which does the following
> 1. Applies XSLs on XML
> 2. Stores the processed XMLs in eXist database
>
> But for big XMLs I keep on getting OutOfMemory Exceptions. Is there
> a better
> approach to do this?

Sounds like something is preventing the streaming. I'd assume you
have to revisit your XSLTs.
Maybe also worth to look into STX http://stx.sourceforge.net/ (there
is also a cocoon block)

...generally it doesn't really sound like something I would use
cocoon for. Maybe you could re-use the components though.