cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Brosich <abros...@ogs.trieste.it>
Subject Re: authfw auth-logout action delete session contexts
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 23:00:37 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Alberto Brosich wrote:
>
>> I'm fighting with session contexts.
>> I write a new session context (named "exceptions") in a flowscript.
>> If I call a pipeline that contains an auth-logout action that context is
>> deleted.
>> As sample:
>>
>>       <map:match pattern="do-logout">
>>
>>         <map:act type="auth-protect">
>>           <map:parameter name="handler" value="ldaphandler"/>
>>           <map:act type="auth-logout"/>
>>         </map:act>
>>
>>         <map:redirect-to uri="test-session" session="true"/>
>>       </map:match>
>>
>> If I commented out the auth-logout action works all fine otherwise
>> "{session-context:exceptions/...}" is empty.
>> It seems auth-logout action deletes all the session contexts. Is it true?
>>

> Yes, that's true - in fact auth-logout terminates the session and therefore
> the contexts are deleted as well.
>
> I'm wondering what your use case is? If a user logs out there shouldn't
> be any user data left on the server. If you want to store data globally
> (not bound to a specific user session), the session contexts are not the
> right place to store. Session contexts are always bound to a user session.

Well, I already have a login form able to show possible exceptions of
the authentication phase (intercepted and stored in a session context),
so I would simply reuse this functionality to display validation errors
catched in the flowscript (form has only listboxes therefore a
validation error occur only converting fields to text inputs with tools
like web developer addon; really rare).
I'll change the approach. No logout and reloading of the form showing
the "exception".
In any case which are other places to store this kind of information?

Thanks

Alberto