cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: authfw auth-logout action delete session contexts
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:51:29 GMT
Alberto Brosich wrote:
> I'm fighting with session contexts.
> I write a new session context (named "exceptions") in a flowscript.
> If I call a pipeline that contains an auth-logout action that context is
> deleted.
> As sample:
>
>       <map:match pattern="do-logout">
>
>         <map:act type="auth-protect">
>           <map:parameter name="handler" value="ldaphandler"/>
>           <map:act type="auth-logout"/>
>         </map:act>
>
>         <map:redirect-to uri="test-session" session="true"/>
>       </map:match>
>
> If I commented out the auth-logout action works all fine otherwise
> "{session-context:exceptions/...}" is empty.
> It seems auth-logout action deletes all the session contexts. Is it true?

Yes, that's true - in fact auth-logout terminates the session and therefore
the contexts are deleted as well.

I'm wondering what your use case is? If a user logs out there shouldn't
be any user data left on the server. If you want to store data globally
(not bound to a specific user session), the session contexts are not the
right place to store. Session contexts are always bound to a user session.

HTH
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler