cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <mailingli...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [Exist-open] problem while processing large xmls
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:25:37 GMT
Hi,

I think you might be experiencing a problem with the memorymanager of
your java virtual machine.
The problem with this ist, that everytime the VM increases the amount of
allocated memory, it expects this to be in one block.
Whenever there is no unfragmented block able to contain all the VM
memory, an OutOfMemory exception occurs.
I would suggest increasing the Xms and seting the Xmx value to the same
value as Xms. This way the entire block is allocated
during VM startup and OutOfMemory exceptions should no longer occur.

In general when transforming very large Xml documents, I would suggest
using Sax to do the transformation. When doing a Dom
transformation of a 20MB Xml document could result in a memory
consumption of about 50-50MB depending on the document
structure and the transformation.

Hope this Helps ;)

Chris

Richa Gupta ,Gurgaon schrieb:
> Thanks for you suggestion.
>
> We looked on forum for OutOfMemoryError. And made changes for JVM cache and heap size
in config.xml & startup.sh file.

> In conf.xml, values for db-connection are:
> <db-connection cacheSize="48M" collectionCacheSize="128" database="native"  files="webapp/WEB-INF/data"
free_mem_min="5" pageSize="4096">