cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: .DOC and .PPT modifying
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:10:24 GMT
OK - I had the impression he wanted to display the document
using Cocoon and/or modify the XML part.  I assumed then this
meant he wanted to display the binary (image) data as well, but
not for modification.  OTOH, if Cocoon is just altering the XML
and not displaying the document, then it should be straightforward.

On 10/19/07 9:43 AM, Derek Hohls wrote:

> I think this implies you also have to write some code to _decode_ the
> image before you can display it -  Cocoon can handle the XML part.

No, Word is reading the file and decoding its contents. Only when you
need to operate on the file yourself AND want to handle the content in
particular (not just through-passing) you need to decode it. So far he
wanted to replace keys with values, nothing about modifying binary content.

Joerg