cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Re: Cocoon 2.2 - Webapp without blocks
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 06:23:17 GMT
Hugh

OTOH, it also sounds quite depressing that lots of what we have
learnt in the past now has to be thrown away. I suppose it is
All For Our Own Good... but, nonetheless, it all means more work
ito upgrading and supporting legacy apps and in learning new ways
to create new apps.

Cocoon unfortunately does not have a great track record when it comes
to documentation (which has possibly hindered its uptake in the
past).  I am wondering if this will change now or whether what you
are going through is a repeat of the symptom.

Derek

>>> "Hugh Sparks" <hugh@csparks.com> 2007/10/19 07:36 AM >>>
> Michel Erard writes:
>
> Hi Hugh,
> you need the declaration of the namespace in the applicationContext.xml.
> Here the begining of my whole file:

It works!

You have Changed My Life.

I am surprised about something: Where are all the xconf files and other
goop that normally has to exist somewhere to get cocoon working?
I couldn't find anything like that in the target directory.  I must say
that Cocoon 2.2 is looking almost lean and elegant!

If I do need to configure one of the core components, where would
I put an xconf file to get the job done? Or is this now done with
Spring somehow? There is much I need to learn about the new
framework...

Thanks very much,

-Hugh Sparks, hugh@csparks.com