cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 - Webapp without blocks
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:59:19 GMT
Hugh

Not sure about the second part of your question, but the first part
has already been answered by the developers:
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=119202260922881&w=4
so I guess the tutorial you refer to (URL??) is out-of-date.

>>> "Hugh Sparks" <hugh@csparks.com> 2007/10/17 08:36 AM >>>
I tried to create a blockless webapp using the cocoon-22-archetype-webapp.
Then I added dependencies like those found in the working "myBlock1"
tutorial:

    cocoon-core
    cocoon-servlet-service-components
    cocoon-template-impl
    cocoon-flowscript-impl
    cocoon-fop-impl

I put a sitemap.xmap and other files in:

    src/main/webapp

When I fire up jetty and visit http://localhost:8888 ( http://localhost:8888/ ) I get the
message

    javax.servlet.ServletException: No block for /

At one time, this was possible as illustrated by Vadim Gritsenko's
"Using Cocoon 2.2 the Classic Way"

Is there a method to create a webapp without blocks?

Thanks,

-Hugh Sparks