cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hanne Moa <hanne....@uninett.no>
Subject Cocoon 2.2: Installation-trouble
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:41:49 GMT
Per today, the tutorial at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html
(http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g2/g1/1159.html in Daisy)
is rather deeply flawed.

Following the recipe by the letter, running "mvn jetty:run" at the end,
leads to jetty running but showing an empty page and an exception
complaining that there is no block for '/', or to be exact:

javax.servlet.ServletException: No block for /
...snip...
javax.servlet.ServletException: No block for /favicon.ico
...snip...

So... either some steps are missing from the tutorial, the steps have
changed, or there are errors in the versions that maven fetches.

Tell me what to do and I'll see if I can update the tutorial.

% java -version
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

% mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.5.0_11
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.20-16-lowlatency" arch: "i386"

HM