cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cocoon Installation problems on SunOS
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:05:12 GMT
Tobia

I appreciate the input.  In the meantime, rather than hacking around with
all sorts of combinations, we are trying to locate and use another server
(running Linux, which seems not to have these sorts of problems).

Thanks
Derek

PS Do you know of any detailed comparison of Tomcat vs Jetty,
especially for configuring and running under Apache?

Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Derek Hohls wrote:
> > We are trying to install Cocoon 2.1.8 under SunOS (version 5.7).
> > The "vanilla" version of Cocoon installs and runs fine.  However, as
> > soon as we try and add a mySQL driver to the lib directory, and
> > alter the cocoon.xconf file, the Cocoon startup reaches a certain
> > point - and then Tomcat stops
> >
> > Nothing in the archives I can find that addresses this problem except
> > http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=113356786000252&w=2
> > which was not answered
>
> All this sounds really weird. Seems to be only in a very special
> environment setup where it fails. But since Toby is still around on the
> list and has not given up with Cocoon he might have figured that out.

Uh... this is from two years ago, I don't remember how I solved it.
Sorry!

Now we are running Cocoon 2.1.10 on the bundled Jetty 4.2.23 (which
I recommend over Tomcat, by the way) with MySQL Connector 5.0.6 on the
same old server and everything works well.

But we did run on Tomcat for a while, so I'm sure that problem was
solved, maybe by upgrading Tomcat, Cocoon, the MySQL connector, or
by fixing the classpath...

Tobia