cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon Installation problems on SunOS
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:18:08 GMT
On 09.10.2007 10:45 Uhr, Derek Hohls wrote:

> We are trying to install Cocoon 2.1.8 under SunOS (version 5.7).  The
> "vanilla" version of Cocoon installs and runs fine.  However, as soon
> as we try and add a mySQL driver to the lib directory, and alter the
> cocoon.xconf file, the Cocoon startup reaches a certain point - and then
> Tomcat stops (see below). The last line in the Cocoon log file is:
>
> WARN  (2007-10-09) 16:35.07:712 [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)
> Unknown-Thread/ExcaliburComponentManager: disposing of handler for
> unreleased component. role [org.apache.cocoon.forms.event.WidgetListenerBuilderSelector]
>
> Note - the exact same configuration of Cocoon/driver/Java/configuration
> is deployed and running on a Linux server platform without any problems.
>
> Given that the log file is not very forthcoming, how do we go about
> getting Cocoon to work on this platform?
>
> (PS We have Cocoon 2.1.4 running DB apps OK on the same server, so
> I assume this is because of some version differences in Cocoon...?)
>
> Thanks
> Derek
>
> PS Nothing in the archives I can find that addresses this problem except
> http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=113356786000252&w=2
> which was not answered, although the same "end point" was reached
> i.e. a final entry in the Tomcat error log, stating:
> INFO [main] (QuartzScheduler.java:399) - Scheduler Cocoon_$_Tue_Oct_09_16:11:35_SAST_2007
started.

All this sounds really weird. Seems to be only in a very special
environment setup where it fails. But since Toby is still around on the
list and has not given up with Cocoon he might have figured that out.
Otherwise you probably need to debug very deeply into maybe not even
only Cocoon but also Tomcat to figure out what's happening on loading
the DB driver.

Joerg