cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Cocoon Installation problems on SunOS
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:45:11 GMT
Hi

We are trying to install Cocoon 2.1.8 under SunOS (version 5.7).  The
"vanilla" version of Cocoon installs and runs fine.  However, as soon
as we try and add a mySQL driver to the lib directory, and alter the
cocoon.xconf file, the Cocoon startup reaches a certain point - and then
Tomcat stops (see below). The last line in the Cocoon log file is:

WARN  (2007-10-09) 16:35.07:712 [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-Thread/ExcaliburComponentManager: disposing of handler for
unreleased component. role [org.apache.cocoon.forms.event.WidgetListenerBuilderSelector]

Note - the exact same configuration of Cocoon/driver/Java/configuration
is deployed and running on a Linux server platform without any problems.

Given that the log file is not very forthcoming, how do we go about
getting Cocoon to work on this platform?

(PS We have Cocoon 2.1.4 running DB apps OK on the same server, so
I assume this is because of some version differences in Cocoon...?)

Thanks
Derek

PS Nothing in the archives I can find that addresses this problem except
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=113356786000252&w=2
which was not answered, although the same "end point" was reached
i.e. a final entry in the Tomcat error log, stating:
INFO [main] (QuartzScheduler.java:399) - Scheduler Cocoon_$_Tue_Oct_09_16:11:35_SAST_2007
started.