cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [Cocoon 2.2, Hibernate 3] Conflict in ehcache
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:13:35 GMT
Nacho Jiménez wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to migrate my Cocoon 2.1/Spring/Hibernate apps to Cocoon
> 2.2, and after a bit of banging my head against he wall, i finally
> understood what's maven and how to create cocoon projects, etc.
>
> I've created a cocoon 2.2 block with basic spring-hibernate
> functionality, but when i try to "run" it into a jetty servlet
> contanier (mvn jetty:run), all i get is a conflict between
> ehcache-1.2.4, demanded by cocoon, and ehcache1.1, included by
> hibernate:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: There are
> at least two artifacts with the ID 'ehcache':
>
> ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1:compile
>     com.unmardedatos:eMarketing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>     org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core:jar:2.2.0-RC1
>     org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-store-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC1
>     net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.4
> ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1:compile
>     com.unmardedatos:eMarketing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>     org.springframework:spring-hibernate3:jar:2.0-m4
>     org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.1.2
>     ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1
>
> What can I do to compile it?  I'm getting desperate here, so any help
> will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks..

use hibernate 3.2.5

the problem is that older versions of hibernate used ehcache artifact
located at ehcache:ehcache. Currently the location of ehcache is
net.sf.ehcache:ehcache (which cocoon uses).

Summing up:

hibernate 3.2.5 uses net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.3
cocoon 2.2 uses net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.4

and this situation is no more a problem for maven dependency resolution.

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.