cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tobia Conforto <tobia.confo...@linux.it>
Subject Cocoon 2.1 environment objects from a Java XSLT extension
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:30:57 GMT
Hi

I'm rewriting some functionality into Java XSLT extensions, for
performance reasons.

For now I'm just writing a Java class, copying it to WEB-INF/classes and
calling its static methods from XSLT as such:

	<xsl:value-of select="myclass:myMethod($whatever)"
		xmlns:myclass="http://xml.apache.org/xalan/java/MyClass"/>

This works, but I need to access the standard Cocoon environment objects
(Request would suffice) from my Java class.

Should I pass the whole request object to the stylesheet as a parameter
and then pass it on to every invocation of my methods?
How do I pass the request object to the stylesheet?  I couldn't do it.

Is there a better way?

Tobia