cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Larsen" <gary.lar...@envisn.com>
Subject RE: CForms event - display javascript confirm dialog?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:50:09 GMT
Hi Robin,

I can't thank you enough for your assistance.  With a little bit of tweaking
I was able to get a popup confirmation dialog working exactly as I wanted!

Gary

  _____

From: Robin Wyles [mailto:rob@robinwyles.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:40 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: CForms event - display javascript confirm dialog?

Hi Gary,

I don't remember the Dojo stuff being in 2.1.9... but you can easily achieve
the same effect using just HTML and CSS with something like this:

style="position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;height:100%;width:100
%;cursor:default !important;z-index:1000;background:repeat
url(transparent.gif)">

style="position:absolute;left:20%;right:20%;top:20%;bottom:20%;width:60%;hei
ght:60%;border:1px solid black;background:white">

        Dialog content goes here

The outer div is a wrapper for the dialog box, it fills the screen - you
will need to fill it with a transparent gif for it to be modal (the only
CSS/HTML method I've found that works reliably with IE). The inner div is
the actual dialog box containing your content.

You might have to experiment with where the dialog appears within your HTML,
especially if it appears within other elements which have
'position:absolute' .

Hope this helps,

Robin