cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hugh Sparks" <h...@csparks.com>
Subject Re: http-proxy and forms/ajax
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 06:25:09 GMT
> I've a problem, when I use a http-proxy in front of my cocoon-application,
> the browser cannot get the javascript files from forms and ajax block.

I have a very similar setup working with both jetty (locally) and with
apache proxy and Tomcat on the internet. I had no problems associated
with resource locations and I did not explicity change the configuration.

If you like, I can send you the whole webapp. It is very small.
I created it as an etude to investigate similar issues.

Here are the highlights:

My webapp is called "contacts." Tomcat is listening on 8081.
I don't know if this matters, but I deployed the webapp using the
war file. I let tomcat unpack and deploy automatically.

Apache:

        ProxyPass             /contacts http://localhost:8081/contacts
        ProxyPassReverse /contacts http://localhost:8081/contacts

Tomcat:

        <Connector
                className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
                port="8081"
                proxyName="www.csparks.com"
                proxyPort="80"/>

Sitemap:

        Pretty much right out of the book:

        <map:match pattern="*-display-pipeline">
                <map:generate type="jx" src="{1}_template.xml"
label="content1"/>
                <map:transform type="browser-update"/>
                <map:transform type="i18n"/>
                <map:transform src="form_styling.xsl">
                        <map:parameter name="dojo-resources"
value="{servlet:ajax:/resource/external/dojo}"/>
                        <map:parameter name="forms-resources"
value="{servlet:forms:/resource/external/forms}"/>
                        <map:parameter name="dojo-locale"
value="{flow-attr:locale}"/>
                </map:transform>

                <map:transform type="i18n"/>
                <map:transform type="servletLinkRewriter"/>
                <map:select type="ajax-request">
        </map:match>

form_styling.xsl:

        I made a local copy, but this comes from the examples:

        <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

                <xsl:include
href="servlet:forms:/resource/internal/xsl/forms-page-styling.xsl"/>
                <xsl:include
href="servlet:forms:/resource/internal/xsl/forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl"/>

                <xsl:param name="dojo-resources"/>
                <xsl:param name="forms-resources"/>

                <xsl:template match="head">
                        <head>
                                <xsl:apply-templates select="."
mode="forms-page"/>
                                <xsl:apply-templates select="."
mode="forms-field"/>
                                <xsl:apply-templates/>
                        </head>
                </xsl:template>

                <xsl:template match="body">
                                <xsl:apply-templates select="."
mode="forms-page"/>
                                <xsl:apply-templates select="."
mode="forms-field"/>
                                <xsl:apply-templates/>
                </xsl:template>

        </xsl:stylesheet>

In the flowscript files:

        cocoon.load("servlet:forms:/resource/internal/flow/javascript/Form.js")
;