cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <robby.pelss...@agp.nl>
Subject RE: How to mask input from user in inputfield
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:16:04 GMT
Hi Grzegorz  (how the hack can anyone pronounce your name ... Its VERY
unusual to put a 'z' after an 'r'),

I don't know if I will make it to the CGTG, cause I actually was curious
who you are :-) since you kinda took the leading developer role for
cocoon (or it seems that way).

I will take up on your advice and check out the link you sent... Do
expect my comments soon.

Cheers,
Robby

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Grzegorz Kossakowski [mailto:gkossakowski@apache.org]
Verzonden: vrijdag, september 2007 16:49
Aan: users@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: How to mask input from user in inputfield

Derek Hohls pisze:
> Hmm. That's why many people don't even bother with the first 11 items
> on your list - straight to PHP and Apache!
>
> (what do we say to them .... yes, our apps look like they are doing
> the same thing but WE had to learn much, much more to get them going
> ... sorry - its been a long hard day and Cocoon is being a b*** to me
> at the moment! I still am a captive to the Butterfly-in-Waiting!!)

What can I advice to you both Derek and Robby?
First of all, upgrade your stack. I mean, go for Cocoon 2.2 and Java
1.5, at least. I'm not sure if you have already seen introductory
tutorial, so here goes the link:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/2.2/1159_1_1.html

Spend an hour (this time includes installing Maven!) on following this
tutorial and you will quickly discover, that Cocoon 2.2 is a real
improvement. Basically, after typing few commands you get project in
Eclipse ready to play with. It will allow you to develop rapidly thanks
to cocoon:rcl Maven plug-in that automatically detects all changes, even
to Java component you made.
No more restarts!

The list of improvements is much longer...

> Hehe...
>
> Trying real hard to but did you ever think of what this means:
> Expert in
> *Xslt
> *DTD
> *XMLNS
> *javascript
> *java
> *cocoon forms
> *sitemaps
> *generators/transformers/serializers
> *ant
> *maven

I believe that it's Ant *OR* Maven, not Ant and Maven. Isn't it?

> *jetty/tomcat
> *apache
> *...
>
> And the list goes on and on.  For now I am satisfied with good
> knowledge of some areas and basic knowledge of the others
>
> Lets see what the future holds.

Future holds Cocoon 2.2. :-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski