cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jsr 168 portlet file download
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:09:20 GMT
vtysh schrieb:
> I am new in Cocoon Portal. Is where a way to use technique described
> http://www.unicon.net/node/596 here  in Cocoon? I tried to define new
> custom-window-state in portlet.xml file but my portlet doesn't see it.
> Or is where another way to get exclusive access to response output for file
> download purposes? Any help will be appreciated
Hi,

the Cocoon portal does not support such a custom window state. Please
note that this window state is not part of the spec and a custom
extension of uPortal.

If you need this feature you have to enhance the Cocoon portal to
support this window state as well.

Currently there is no way I know of to achieve what you want. The only
thing I can think of is using a servlet inside your portlet application
to serve resources. But in this case you don't have access to the
portlet information and you have to code every information into the url
of the resource.

(With 2.0 of the portlet spec things will change as the portlet then
supports resource streaming for exactly these purposes).

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org