cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms and C2.2
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:25:54 GMT
S├ębastien Geindre pisze:
> hi all, hi Greg...

Hi, if you addressed your greetings to me it would be better to call me Grzegorz or Grek.

> I try to use CocoonForms in C2.2 environments.But i still have some
> problems.
>
> There is no information about migration of css or js ressrouces.
> How can i handle that ?

You don't need to alter most of your CSS and JS files because there are no incompatible changes
there. All that has changed is that CForms in C2.2 are just a true Cocoon block so loading
and
referencing to its resources changed.

> forms_showTab is not defined
>
> function onclick(event) {
>    forms_showTab("N10017", 1, 2, "");
> }

Function forms_showTab is defined in forms-lib.js[1] file that most probably is not loaded
by
browser for some reason. I hope that you will be able to easily find out what's wrong, now.

BTW. As you may read in forms-lib.js file:
/**
 * Runtime JavaScript library for Cocoon forms.
 * NOTE: This file will be trimmed down to contain only the necessary
 *       features for dynamic behaviour on non Ajax-capable browsers.
 *       Advanced widgets such as double selection list and multivalue
 *       field will be refactored as Dojo widgets.
 * NOTE: (2.1.11) moving support for non-ajax forms to cocoon.forms.common and the SimpleForm
Widget.

it's clear that our direction is to move from home-grown solutions that forms-lib.js files
contains
to Dojo,  completely. Dojo 0.4.x already has support for tab layout[2] so it would be a good
idea to
use that functionality.
If you have spare time and would like to help us making Forms better consider migrating Forms
tabs
to Dojo and provide us a patch in JIRA.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/js/forms-lib.js