cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk>
Subject xhtml serialization and form textarea
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:17:24 GMT
Hi,

1.    Using CForms I generate a form with a textarea. If I serialize it
as xml the output is :

 <textarea title="" name="enjoy" id="enjoy:input" class="forms field
active" rows="10" cols="40"/>

2.    If I serialize it as html the output is :

 <textarea title="" name="enjoy" id="enjoy:input" class="forms field
active" rows="10" cols="40"></textarea>

which is correct and the form displays correctly

3.    However when I serialize as XHTML 1.0 Strict the xhtml output is:

 <textarea title="" name="enjoy" id="enjoy:input" class="forms field
active" rows="10" cols="40"/>

which is not correct and the form does not display correctly

Please, how do I get correct xhtml

Thanks

Peter Sparkes