cocoon-users mailing list archives

From joa...@verona.se
Subject Re: How to limit number of instances of component?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:58:46 GMT
Thomas Markus <t.markus@proventis.net> writes:

>> Im currently thinking of adding some hack in the imageop resize
>> operator, something like a counter mutex that halts processing of the
>> raster until the counter is low. (I dont quite remember how to do
>> stuff like that in Java so I would have to look it up)
>>
> hi, use java.util.concurrent.Semaphore

Thanks!

I added a little hack with a semaphore in the imageop reader and
things work somewhat better, but not perfect.

Resizing seems unexpectedly fragile.

I upgraded to jdk6 but got SIGSEGV:s! -Djava.awt.headless=true seems
to help. jdk5 is veery slow in rescaling.

incidentally i also added possibility to flag the rescaler with
bilinear or nearest neighbour algorithms. In the end maybe something
reusable will come out of this.