cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Fred Vos" <f...@fredvos.org>
Subject Re: output indent yes?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:59:57 GMT
On 8/16/07, Lincoln Mitchell <lincoln@interfaces-n-creatives.com> wrote:
> Good points. However,I installed the Firefox extension but it didn't indent
> the code.

Like Tobia, I don't want to generate indented XML. Because whitespace matters.

Under Linux, Firefox presents XML as a tree, indented, without the
need to install an extension. Don't know about Firefox under other
operating systems. Unfortunately Firefox doesn't show namespace URI's.
Under Linux, 'wget' and 'tidy' give me XML output indented in a
terminal. In this example I'm using 'less' too to scroll through the
document:

% wget "http://localhost:8080/cocoon/path/to/document.xml" -O - | tidy
-xml -indent | less

Maybe there's an equivalent for Windows?

Fred