cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Java strings vs. Javascript strings
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:51:09 GMT
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:25:25 +0200, Tobia Conforto
<tobia.conforto@linux.it> wrote:

Packages.org.mozilla.javascript.Context.getCurrentContext().getWrapFactory().setJavaPrimitiveWrap(false);

> Thank you!  This is going to be a noticeable time saver for us, by
> eliminating lots of small errors.

Great! Glad to hear it worked for you.

> I'd like to suggest making it the default in Cocoon.
> Should I post an issue to JIRA or a message to the dev mailing list?

I'd suggest bringing it up on the dev list to see if there is developer
support for it.  FYI I personally would vote against making it the default,
partly because I prefer the framework not do unexpected magic conversions,
but mostly because it's a backward-incompatible change and would break lots
of existing flowscript code.  I would, however, be in support of making it
easier to set the javaPrimitiveWrap configuration, perhaps on a more
granular basis rather than globally if possible.