cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: how to get an Ajax request work with a pipeline without CForms?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:57:23 GMT
Hi Josh,

well I guess that's exactly what Ajax libraries are supposed to do. I guess you can use for
instance Prototype for this kind of interaction. I've used it several times in the past.

The only things you need is a javascript function inside your page that gets the id of the
element to be replaced and the url gets the XML to put into the element.

See the script.aculo.us wiki[1] for a sample of the Ajax.Updater function.

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

[1]http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Ajax.Updater