cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CInclude POST (by Payload)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:35:26 GMT
Andrew Chamberlain pisze:
> Hi Grzegorz,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.

No problem.

> I'm afraid I don't know the correct terminology.  By "payload" I meant
> by using the output stream of the established connection.  In Java
> terms, it looks like this:
>
>   // Prepare XML request
>   ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
>   baos.write(...);
>
>   // Open and prepare connection
>   URL           url     = new URL("http://...");
>   URLConnection urlConn = url.openConnection();
>   urlConn.setDoInput(true);
>   urlConn.setDoOutput(true);
>   urlConn.setRequestProperty("Content-Encoding", "text/xml");
>   urlConn.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "application/xml");
>   urlConn.setRequestProperty("Content-Length", String.valueOf(baos.size()));
>
>   // Send XML request
>   urlConn.getOutputStream().write(baos.toByteArray());
>
>   // Read response
>   BufferedInputStream in = new
> BufferedInputStream(urlConn.getInputStream());
>   in.read(...);

I see. You just want to post XML in request body section. The most interesting point is how
do you
produce this baos data? Is it a result of another Cocoon's pipeline? Is it produced completely
externally from Cocoon?

If I knew this information I would give you exact advice.

> I'll take a look at Cocoon 2.2 and S├ębastien's query.  Although our
> project has been underway for a while, we've only been using the XSLT
> and SQL transformers, so I'm hoping the differences won't be great.

There is a known problem[1] with database caused by changes tracked by COCOON-2083 issue.
To provide
a quick fix it's a matter of reverting some commit. This way one will be able to use only
Avalon
DataSource but it wouldn't matter for you. I'll try to fix that problem soon.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2106
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2083

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski