cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CInclude POST (by Payload)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:38:38 GMT
Andrew Chamberlain pisze:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering if anyone can help.  As part of a service I'm
> constructing, I need to send an XML request to an external service by
> HTTP Post.  For this, I'm looking at using the CInclude transformer, but
> all the examples I can find seem to use a parameter to pass the data,
> rather than sending it as part of the payload (which the external
> service expects).

What do you mean by "part of the payload"?

> Has anyone managed to do this, or am I looking at the need for an
> external Java class?  Any advice/ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> I'm using Cocoon (2.1.10) under JBoss (4.0.5 GA).

When it comes to 2.1.x version, I think you will have to extend CInclude transformer or write
your
own. S├ębastien Geindre has asked question about similar functionality yesterday but he uses
Cocoon
2.2, that thread[1] may be helpful for you to get an idea what Cocoon 2.2 can offer you in
regard to
this.

If you want more help you will need to tell us what kind of data do you want to POST and where
it
comes from. Switching to C2.2 is also worth consideration if your project is in early stages
of
development.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg39591.html

--