cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Variables/attributes in CForm/Ajax/Jexl
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:07:21 GMT
Dev at weitling pisze:
> Yes and no, as written below. Sorry for the delay, but my wife reminds
> me that we are on holiday (Balconia :-)

No problem. Sorry for delay on my side, if you want to know the reason take a look at the
end of
this mail...

> Well, make yourself comfortable...
> I want to create an editor component where a question along with a bunch
> of possible answers can be created and/or edited. Each question is
> localized in one or more languages, e.g. german, english, french.
> According to the role of the user or his task he may have complete
> rights (edit questions and answers, add or delete answers), may only
> translate from one language to another or may only view some languages.
> The user may hide some languages for convenience.

Ahh, still the same app :-)

> So my solution approaches (not exhaustive):
> a) a html table hiding a column (= a language) via Ajax and
> WidgetState.INVISIBLE for each affected cell. This seems to be the best
> solution for accessibility but suffers from a bug [1] returning span's
> instead of td's.

I remember your report. I think we should try to tackle down this problem because it's really

annoying and limiting.

It would be very helpful if you could come up with really minimal form definition and template
that
shows buggy behaviour and create issue in JIRA. This could become a start point for debugging
and
fixing it.

My GSoC project ends in a few days and even though I'll continue my work on expression and
object
model handling in Cocoon I'll have more free time to help others. Of course I don't make any

promises, we don't know in advance if this issue is serious or not.

> b) a html table where the hiding is done via deleting and adding rows.
> There's a problem reloading the data when the user wants to see a hidden
> language again and with preventing deletion of database entries.

You see yourself that it's hacky. Don't even think about such solution ;-)

> c) a html table where the hiding is done via client-side javascript and
> manipulating css styles (one class per column). I have repressed the
> problems with this.

Less hacky but I really prefer a) option.

> d) a table made of div's instead of a classical table. Is a work-around
> for a) but is bad for screenreaders. And I didn't test if span's are
> returned or div's.
>
> In the mind's eye I have something like tabs for each language, variable
> in width depending on the number of languages displayed. The optimum
> would be a scrollable area for the answer cells - displaying 10
> languages would result in rather narrow columns otherwise. And with 40
> possible answers the questions should be visible, too, as seen in
> Excel's "fix window" feature.
> Additionally when a language is hidden you may redisplay it by choosing
> it from a drop-down-menu.
> Reordering columns aka languages is also one of my dreams.

I think that everything is possible to do with current CForms as long as you make
WidgetState.INVISIBLE working.

> BTW: It seems TeeTransformer has a bug - tags like <br/> are converted
> in the output to <br> missing the closing element.

What about JIRA issue? It's really going to be lost on mailing list.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***