cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Database connection problems during upgrade
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 08:55:27 GMT
Actually, both were right.

The only problem I had was trying to find a suitable mysql-***.jar
version.  Despite the fact that both the server and my PC are running
Java 1.4 and Cocoon 1.8 :-
  mysql-connector-java-5.1.2-beta-bin.jar works on the server, and
  mysql-connector-java-3.1.7-bin.jar works on my PC
but not the other way around.

Sigh.  But thanks again for the speedy help!

>>> "Johannes Textor" <jc.textor@gmx.de> 2007/08/06 12:42 PM >>>

> > this is probably because you have not included com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> > (not sure if this is the exact class name) in web.xml.
>
> Or maybe he didn't copy the actual driver class.
>
> For example, mine is:
> WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.0.6-bin.jar
>

> Tobia

That might also be, although I'd think this would throw a "class not found" exception instead
of a "no suitable driver" one (just guessing though)

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

CallCentre@csir.co.za.