cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <d...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: Using Variables/attributes in CForm/Ajax/Jexl
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:33:20 GMT
Hi Grek,

>> Beware when I start speak Klingon ;-) I mean with Jexl everything with
>> ${foo} according to the Cocoon docs. In the first run my Jexl expression
>> is un as expected, in the second run (caused by the Ajax call) it might
>> by called but it's not part of the update.
>
> AFAIR, context object has "request" scope so it's recreated every time
> browser makes new request. Your results are expected, but there is a
> solution (see below).
>
>> Grzegorz, you are still my hero (cutting heads off the Hydra) :-)

My personal Hydra looks like this:

- The "form" variable is available in the flow as well as in the
template, but not in the definition. At the latter place I have to go
via event.source.form.
- When I have access to the variable "form", I should also have access
to any variable defined in the flow e.g. myCat. So no need to go via
set/getAttribute.
- My ${}'s in the template are either in the second run (Ajax) not
evaluated or are filtered and therefore not redisplayed in the browser.

The last point is heavy weight for me. Hm, I could circumvent it by
doing without Ajax, but it's soooo cool.

>> BTW: How's your name pronounced?
> Hehe, have a look at
> http://reflectingonthevicissitudes.wordpress.com/2007/04/22/pal-how-can-i-call-you/
> :-)