cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Edward Elhauge ...@uncanny.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon Forms Validation
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:14:01 GMT
* Jason Johnston <cocoon@lojjic.net> wrote on [2007-08-29 11:52]:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:54:34 -0700, Edward Elhauge <ee@uncanny.net> wrote:
> > That should have been:
> >    1) When the user hits the Delete button, don't run any of the
> > validation
> >       just delete.
> >    2) When the user hits the Save button, run all the validation before
> >       save.
>
> It sounds like you want to use the validate="false" attribute when
> declaring your delete button widget:
>
> <fd:submit id="deleteButton" validate="false">...</fd:submit>

Yes that's what I was looking for. I'll give that a try.

In a previous post George suggested:
>Easy:
>"When an action widget was activated, validation will not be performed."
>
>(from http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgets/widget_action.html)

Which could also work. Then I'd have to submit the form via javascript
in the on-action section.

The validate="false" though should be simpler.

Thanks everyone.

--
        Edward Elhauge <ee@uncanny.net>
"The life which is unexamined is not worth living." -- Plato