cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Edward Elhauge ...@uncanny.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon Forms Validation
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:42:26 GMT
Not quite. Clarification below.

* Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimsthal@hippo.nl> wrote on [2007-08-28 23:44]:
> Edward Elhauge wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to take my use of CForms to the next level and get a bit
> >more control over validation.
> >
> >Is there any way to suppress the automatic, scan the widget tree,
> >validation?
> >
> >I'd like to call snippets of code like this:
> >  var fWidget1                    = currentWidget.lookupWidget(widgetId1) ;
> >  fWidget1.validate() ;
> >  if ( ! fWidget1.isValid() ) { return 'BAD1' }
> >
> >  var fWidget2                    = currentWidget.lookupWidget(widgetId2) ;
> >  fWidget2.validate() ;
> >  if ( ! fWidget2.isValid() ) { return 'BAD2' }
> >
> >From my Submit widget.
> >
> >Right now I get hung up by the automatic validation and I don't
> >get the error messages show to the user that I would want.
> >

> Hi,
>
> if you just want to show other messages, why don't you use
> <fd:failmessage>My message</fd:failmessage>?
>
> See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/validation.html

No that wouldn't do it. I should clarify.
The use case is:
  1) When the user hits the Delete button, don't run any of the validation
     just delete.
  2) When the user hits the Save button, run all the validation before
     delete.

  My thought is that I could get that by turning off the automatic
  widget tree validation and running it by hand whenever it is needed.

  Any way?

> --
>

> Jasha Joachimsthal
>
> Hippo
> Oosteinde 11
> 1017 WT Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
> +31 (0)20 5224466
>
> www.hippo.nl

---end quoted text---

--
        Edward Elhauge <ee@uncanny.net>
"The life which is unexamined is not worth living." -- Plato