cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tobia Conforto <tobia.confo...@linux.it>
Subject Re: I'm losing my faith in SQL Transformer!
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:21:02 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> I have been frustrated before by the fact that it only nests down to
> one level; its still not clear to me why further levels of nesting
> cannot be supported?

Can you explain this problem and maybe provide an example?
I think I've nested queries up to 4 levels deep without problems,
using the SQL Transformer.

> <sql:execute-query>
>   <rpt:cols>
>     <sql:query>

I don't think you can intersperse arbitrary tags between the SQL
Transformer's tags, but I'm not sure.

Glossing over this detail, for the moment, I see that your question has
a more serious flaw:

> Expecting this will return:
>
> <rpt:report ...>
>   <sql:rowset>
>     <rpt:cols>
>       <sql:row>  (2)
>         <sql:name>Derek</sql:name>
>       </sql:row>
>     </rpt:cols>
>     <rpt:matrix>
>       <sql:rowset nrofrows="0"/>  (1)
>     </rpt:matrix>
>   </sql:rowset>
> </rpt:report>

This expected result does not make sense.  The results of a nested query
(1) can only be inside the relevant row of the parent query (2).

If you need some other sort of correlation between each row and its
child rowset, such as an "id" attribute, then you will need to do it in
XSLT.  Otherwise, please post the correct version.

Tobia