cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch>
Subject [Slightly OT] Session problem with Apache-fronted Cocoon site
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 22:03:35 GMT
I have a multilingual website implemented with Cocoon 2.1.9 which
runs on top of Tomcat 5.5. I use
org.apache.cocoon.acting.LocaleAction to keep track of the current
language and have set this up as follows:

     <map:action logger="sitemap.action.locale" name="locale"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.LocaleAction">
     	<locale-attribute>locale</locale-attribute>
     	<create-session>true</create-session>
     	<store-in-request>false</store-in-request>
     	<store-in-session>true</store-in-session>
     	<store-in-cookie>false</store-in-cookie>
     	<use-locale>true</use-locale>
     	<default-locale language="en"/>
     </map:action>

In other words, I store the current locale in the session.

This works fine when I call up the website directly from Tomcat (port
8084 in my case). However, I want to use Apache HTTPD 2.0 as a
reverse proxy. I have tried using mod_jk and mod_proxy (as per http://
wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ApacheModProxy), but more than one session is
being passed from HTTPD to Tomcat/Cocoon: when I change language,
only the session in which I changed the language gets changed and the
other remains as it was.

I realise this is slightly off-topic for this list, but I thought
other Cocoon users might have experienced the same thing and be able
to give me a hint as to how to force HTTPD and Tomcat to use just one
session. I've spent all day googling, but all I find is stuff about
load-balancing and sticky sessions when HTTPD is being used with
multiple workers. I just have one worker.

Steve