cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [Slightly OT] Session problem with Apache-fronted Cocoon site
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:02:57 GMT
You are absolutely correct!! But, we know how to configure the proxies we run to correctly
honour the locale, but we simply do not trust every proxy between the client and our proxy
to be configured correctly (there might be offices that use a proxy to reduce traffic and
do not configure the cached pages t be dependent on locale)

Ard

> Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:55:04 +0200
> From: a.schrijvers@hippo.nl
> we run all our sites with httpd in front of cocoon (Jetty or Tomcat), but
> we are kind of used to not rely on the locale of the browser, because
> you cannot be sure all proxies between the client and your application
> honour the locale correctly (you might have proxies in between, for
> example a proxy within a company, that caches pages but does not
> use the locale..then the first locale gets the page, and everybody else
> with different locale's see the same page. We therefor user /nl, /en,
> /fr etc as a prefix in the url)

I thought the locale action causes the appropriate Vary: response header to be sent so that
cacheing proxies will handle it correctly?  Or is that only if you configure it to store the
locale in a cookie, not just in the session?

Andrew.

  _____

Email straight to your blog, upload jokes, photos and more. Windows  <http://specials.uk.msn.com/spaces/default.aspx>
Live Spaces, it's FREE!