cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [Slightly OT] Session problem with Apache-fronted Cocoon site
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:55:04 GMT
Hello,

we run all our sites with httpd in front of cocoon (Jetty or Tomcat), but we are kind of used
to not rely on the locale of the browser, because you cannot be sure all proxies between the
client and your application honour the locale correctly (you might have proxies in between,
for example a proxy within a company, that caches pages but does not use the locale..then
the first locale gets the page, and everybody else with different locale's see the same page.
We therefor user /nl, /en, /fr etc as a prefix in the url)

For the rest, I did not totally grasp the picture you described here, with "changing the locale
only the session ....etc". So, either you use the locale in the url, or try to explain the
timeline of events a little better, because i did not get it. You did configure httpd (if
you use mod_cache) correctly to honour the locale?

Regards Ard