cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: serialize type question
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:13:23 GMT
Hi,

have you noticed that you are talking about the XHTML serializer and not the XML serializer
which is set to UTF-8?

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

	-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
	Van: Grzegorz Kossakowski [mailto:gkossakowski@apache.org]
	Verzonden: wo 4-7-2007 9:52
	Aan: users@cocoon.apache.org
	CC:
	Onderwerp: Re: serialize type question

	Vaduvoiu Tiberiu pisze:
	> my serializer:
	>
	> <map:serializers default="xml">
	>       <map:serializer name="xhtml" logger="sitemap.serializer.xml"
	>         mime-type="text/html" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
	>         <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>
	>          <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
	>          <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
	>          http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
	>         <indent>no</indent>
	>       </map:serializer>
	>
	> this my serializer..so I have the encoding set to utf-8...but still, my xml starts with
 <?xml version="1.0"
	> encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
	>
	> however, I have noticed that in firefox if I right click on the page and click "view
page info" it says: encoding - utf-8. it's very wierd

	You have option to omit xml declaration enabled so it's wierd that your xml even starts with
<?xml ... ?>. I guess that something in between
	adds the declaration anyway and uses default (non-matching) encoding.

	I don't know what is wrong exactly but I suggest to look at different issue.

	--
	Grzegorz Kossakowski