cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2: initial build
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:41:26 GMT
Robin Rigby pisze:
> Hi Grzegorz
>
> It's called "Maven in 5 minutes"
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

I see.

> I'm not familiar with svn.  Another learning curve? :-) Where do I get
> started?

Hehe, high learning curve is a price for being on the bleeding edge (cocoon's trunk). Nevertheless,
consider probable outcome - the praise
to you for helping us to resolve this issue (my gut feeling is that there is some problem
on our side) and thus making Cocoon better. :-)

Now, svn is a shortcut for Subversion. You seem to work under Windows XP so the best (and
easiest) choice for client is TortoiseSVN
(http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/).

Just install it, create a new folder somewhere, right click and from context menu select SVN
Checkout. Put this address of repository:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/ and wait for the download.

There is also a advantage of using SVN client - you can easily update (by using update command)
your copy of Cocoon sources.

Last thing: I committed some changes that break Cocoon a little so it may build but you can
expierience some problems with Forms or Template
block. I'm going to fix it today so you will probably need to use this update command soon
;-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski