cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Niels van Kampenhout <n.vankampenh...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Dynamically generated CForm definition
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:24:00 GMT
Philippe Gauthier - INSERM SIRH wrote:
> Dev at weitling a écrit :

<snip/>

>>> In other words, is it possible to get dynamic CForm definition whithin
>>> pipeline processing?
>>>
>>> If it does, "how-to"? Any examples
>>>

>> I didn't try it, yet, but it should be no problem.
>> In the flowscript you create your Forms object like this:
>>
>>     var form = new Form("myDefinition.xml");
>>
>> which usually loads the definition from the file myDefinition.xml. But
>> you may also use any source Cocoon supports i.e. cocoon:, context: ...
>> So when you put your first three steps in a pipeline and call it like this:
>>
>>     var form = new Form("cocoon:/createCFormDefinition");
>>
> This is disabled in cocoon 2.1.9 at least.
> I tried this approche before and it eventually killed the JVM because
> each new form compiles a java class.
> I solved the problem using a more complex but generic CForm definition,
> postponing the instantiation in the template and the binding files.

I have been using dynamically generated form definitions since version
2.1.5, so it should work. I do remember that 2.1.8 contained a bug which
affected dynamic generation of forms, but this was fixed in 2.1.9. Can't
find the corresponding Jira issue though.

For an example, see my (very old) schema2cocoonforms wiki page [1]

Regards,
Niels

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Schema2CocoonForms