cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: XML to Excel template examples Required.
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:41:44 GMT
Siddhu

Your use of the word "template" is confusing; XSL files are not
templates and, AFAIK, you cannot open and write to an existing
Excel file (if that is actually what you are trying to do) using
Cocoon
as it stands.  Perhaps someone else on the list knows how to do this?

>>> fast-flux <000010sg@gmail.com> 2007/07/19 09:07 AM >>>

Hi,

I have tried the examples that you guys ask me to try. The problem here
is,
all these explain creating a new XLS sheet and not use existing XLS
sheet as
a template and generate a response.

I am trying to use a existing template and use some kind of mapping
from the
XML field names to the columns in the template and generate the entire
xls
out.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
Siddhu

Derek Hohls wrote:

> Siddhu
>
> Its not clear what you do know or don't know how to do.
>
> As a beginner in Cocoon I always found it helpful to look at the
> samples shipped with Cocoon and adapt them to aid learning.
>
> For example, look at the "XLS" example in the "Hello World" group:
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/hello-world/
> or under
> [path-to-cocoon]\build\webapp\samples\blocks\poi
> AND
> [path-to-cocoon]\build\webapp\samples\hello-world
>
> No SQL, just plain XSLT and the POI serializer.

> Hi All,
>
> I am just beginner in cocoon. I have the following requirements:
>
> 1.    I have input XML file
> <Cars>
> <Car>
>           <name>
>                 Ferrari
>            </name>
>            <type>
>                 Water
>            </type>
> </Car>
> <Car>
>            <name>
>                 Mercedes
>            </name>
>            <type>
>                 Air
>            </ type>
> </Car>
> </Cars>
>

> 2.    I have a Excel template Which already has headers (Car Name &
> Car
> Type)
>

> Task for me is to use the XML as a source generater & serilize the
> output using the predefined template.
>
> I would appreciate if you could share any working example of such
> type.
>
> I visited XML.com article ( http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/1096 ) and they
> have
> no examples where we can take the input feed from XML and generate
on
> Template. All example includes SQL and due to some freak problem, I
am
> still struggling to get the SQL part running.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Siddhu
> --

> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright, terms and conditions
and
> e-mail legal notice. Views expressed herein do not necessarily
represent
> the
> views of the CSIR.
>
> CSIR E-mail Legal Notice
> http://mail.csir.co.za/CSIR_eMail_Legal_Notice.html
>
> CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions
> http://mail.csir.co.za/CSIR_Copyright.html
>
> For electronic copies of the CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions and
the
> CSIR
> Legal Notice send a blank message with REQUEST LEGAL in the subject
> [...]

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice