cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Namespace: behaviour differences
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:21:57 GMT
Grzegorz

OK; maybe that is what I was asking - where are these "standard
techniques" -
I have not come across any such examples in my years of working with
XSLT
and have never before had problems of the sort that are happening now.
Any pointers, apart from those to the spec (which is not an easy
document at the
best of times ;-)

Derek

Robin Rigby pisze:
> Grzegorz
>
> Can you recommend a tutorial or other info for prefix-independent
XSLT?

I'm not sure if such tutorial would exist because if you write
stylesheets using standard techniques they are prefix-independent. You
make
your stylesheet relying on namespace prefix if you use name()[1]
function instead of local-name()[2].

Even if you reference elements in stylesheet using prefix it's defined
in that stylesheet _locally_. It means that you could use different
prefixes (pointing to the same namespace, of course) in processed XML
and XSL stylesheet and it should work.

I think it's crucial to understand that prefix is defined locally and
is not part of element's name but only element's expanded name.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#function-name
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#function-local-name

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski