cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Namespace: behaviour differences
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:12:26 GMT
or, I assume, use the syntax that Grzegorz provided, which does *not*
require the use of a prefix (but does, of course, require a
namespace):

select="*[local-name()='rowset' and
namespace-uri()='http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0' and
@name='program-view']"

(Thanks to both Joerg and Grzegorz for help; I am still curious as
to the different behaviour of Cocoon on server vs PC... it does mean
that development work is more, uh, interesting!)

On 18.07.2007 14:31, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Even if you reference elements in stylesheet using prefix it's
defined
> in that stylesheet _locally_. It means that you could use different
> prefixes (pointing to the same namespace, of course) in processed XML

> and XSL stylesheet and it should work.

There is one issue though with elements in the default namespace in the

input document that massively irritates users not used to it. You MUST

bind that default namespace to a prefix.

So <xsl:template match="rowset"> won't match on <rowset
xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"> however you declare the
default namespace in the stylesheet. You must bind
"http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0" to a prefix like sql and match on
"sql:rowset".

Joerg

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N5536.html#d7594e1012