cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: may not be this project's POM
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:24:24 GMT
Robin Rigby pisze:
> Hi
>
> I was pointed to the cocoon 2.2 trunk for an updated FOP serializer.
> Downloaded snapshot.  Installed maven.  Have error:
>
> ----------
> Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).
> Project ID: org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:5-SNAPSHOT
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache:apache for project:
> org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:5-SNAPSHOT for project
> org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:5-SNAPSHOT
> ----------
>
> Tried  > mvn clean install      - no help
>
> Found a thread on cocoon-dev with a reply from Jorg Heymans:  "well as
> it says it cannot find the parent pom of our pom, chances are
> you've configured a mirror that doesn't have that pom.  A good thing to
> do here is to check  manually if your repo actually has that file."

I think Joerg was right when giving this advice.

> Sorry, I only downloaded maven today and the readme lets me believe it
> should compile 'out out the box'.  What should I do, please?

Yes, it's correct that it should work "out of the box" and it works, really. If you didn't
configure anything Maven should use it's standard
mirror (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) and the missing pom is there.

You should check if you are behind a proxy server/firewall that may block Maven. It could
be also temporary failure of mirror (however, very
unlikely, I have not experienced such failure for months). Maven provides some info about
mirrors it tries, consider more careful reading of
its output or paste it here so we can help you further.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski