cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [cocoon-2.2.x] - How to trace what is going on
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 22:24:46 GMT
On 06.07.2007 13:29, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

>> I also noticed some exceptions on running  (but only visible in log) ->
>> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
>> [org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler]: class not found
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler
>> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
>> [org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler]: class not
>> found
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler
>> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
>> [org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler]: class not
>> found
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler
>>
>> is it something I have to worry about?
>
> If it's only visible at DEBUG-level it probably is not harmful that
> much. I only wonder if class not found exceptions would not become a
> performance bottleneck but I'm not really sure. If someone is going to
> investigate a performance problems it is a thing to look at.

Spring comes with a spring.handlers file in spring-beans.jar/META-INF
which holds the references to those files mentioned above. If other
module jars like ejb and tx are not included the exception is thrown.
That issue is only fixed on 2.1 branch of Spring:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-2813

Joerg