cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Basic error handling
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:32:07 GMT
I am trying to do some very basic error handling in Cocoon 2.1.8

I have defined the following in the sitemap:

  <map:selectors default="browser">
   <map:selector name="exception"
src="org.apache.cocoon.selection.ExceptionSelector">
<!-- also tried XPathExceptionSelector -->
   <exception name="not-found"
class="org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException"/>
  </map:selector>
 </map:selectors>

then, right at the end of the sitemap, after *all* of the
<map:pipeline> sections I have:

  <map:handle-errors>
    <map:select type="exception">
      <map:when test="not-found">
        <map:generate type="file" src="docs/missing.xml"/>
     <map:call resource="simple-page2html"/>
      </map:when>
    </map:select>
  </map:handle-errors>

 </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

However, even this simple check does not work, and I get the usual
"Resource not found" display on my page.

I'd appreciate some help here (yes, I have read the "Error Handling"
section on Cocoon website, but it seems to plunge right into the deep
end and loses me almost straight away - the above snippet is adapted
from the samples).

Thanks
Derek

views of the CSIR.